Friday, July 30, 2010

1000% increase in residency permit fees!!!


Mozambican government decided to increase tourist single visa fee from 25 to 85 USD overnight without any kind of prior notice. I am told the residency permit has also gone from couple of hundred dollars to 1000USD! That is a 1000% increase! A really bad news for small businesses like ours with not much cash flow and I am still on tourist visa. Our business is growing fast but still, it will be a while before we can cover our costs properly. I mean, I haven’t been able to pay for the rent this month and now I am suppose to raise all this money for visas and a residency permit? What a waste.

I am going to have to get creative in dealing with this. I am curious as to what happens next. On the other hand, this little obstacle might just be the kick in the backside I need to push the business to the next level. I suppose every obstacle is an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment